The other day, I gave myself a journal writing prompt: “imagining yourself 10 years into the future and looking back to today, what advice would you give yourself?”
Here is what I came up with:
- Do yoga. Everyday, on some level, even for just one minute.
- Meditate. Daily, and with focus. Listen. Connect to your breathe. Release any unnecessary tension.
- ART. Make it. Engage in the creative process. Use your skills to create something new. Craft.
- LOVE. Everyone. All things, unconditionally. Find the joy of loving others and practice compassion.
- LEARN. As much as you can, in the span of your life. Focus on learning to be a great human being, learn a craft, or two, and many languages. Learn to take care of yourself and others. Be kind & gentle, and open-minded. Learn to let go of grudges and stop living in the past. And, keep going until you die.
I’d say that’s a worthy list to get behind. Let me know your thoughts? What advices would you give to yourself looking back ten years into the future?